Monday, January 24, 2011

Motor Development

Today in our motor development lab we worked hands-on with children from the St. Mary's School in the city of Cortland. The lab was quite an experience, and a great eye opener for what we're going to be doing for the rest of our lives. Having worked at my local YMCA over the summer, I felt accustomed to the environment and was ready to learn as much as I could about each child. We were able to interact with various age groups which made the experience helpful in pinpointing our interests. I realized the kids from my hometown YMCA really do not differ much at all from the kids at Cortland; they all just are looking to be entertained and have fun. I'm looking forward to a semester with the kids, getting to know them better all while improving and learning new techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment